Saturday, January 24, 2015

Be Still....

When God says Be still... 


I am a list person. I like to check things off of my list. I am someone who likes to know all the details of what is going to happen. If  we are invited to an event, I want to know what time to be there, what (if any) type of food will be served, I want to know how to dress and what others will be wearing. I am a control freak.  

We are at a time where God is saying "Be still" (Psalm 46:10) and it is hard for me. I trust God completely, I'm not worried about what will happen, but I want to know what is going to happen. I want to know the next 5 steps and when we have completed those 5 steps what the next 5 will be. 

I went out on a drive today to take pictures of the snow and I came upon this little church that was rundown and what I saw at the time as a great photo op I now see as God telling me slow down, rest in me, allow me to work out all the details. God says in his word, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 Everything works for our good and God's Glory!! 

I only need to be still. I need to pray, I need to be in his word, and I need to be listening to what he is telling me. 


http:www.faithhebrews11.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment