Saturday, January 13, 2018

Finding joy in the midst of pain


I’ve dealt with infertility for a long time. Longer than I thought I would ever deal with infertility, and being honest longer than I thought God would allow me to deal with infertility. Some days I have a great handle on it, and don’t really think about it, but then there are other days, like today, when it rears its ugly head. A day when that negative test brings you to your knees. When tears burn behind your eyes, because you refuse to allow them to run down your cheek, because you know if you do you won't stop, and you are just not mentally prepared for the ugly cry. You realize that you are probably “late” because of your recent bout with the flu, and it did wonky stuff to your body, so now you just wait.

When this happens, I go to the Lord. I beg for His strength, His peace, His understanding, His patience, and His joy. When I think of joy, I think of my girls. They have a joy for life that is contagious. They have Down Syndrome, but Down Syndrome does not have them. They love life, they love people, and most importantly they love Jesus. Johannah has the biggest most infectious smile, and Ellee has the best laugh especially when she is tired and it is a delirious laugh actually it’s more of a delirious cackle. It is the best. They are the perfect examples of God’s joy.
So even in the midst of a little pain, even during a time when I’m not “happy” I need to remember to “Always be JOYFUL Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT).




No comments:

Post a Comment